Sketch of My Blog

Our Journey in Life is more than we allow it to be.
We must all Be Ourselves to really enjoy what's all around us.
Take hold and learn from Life and Others.

I Follow the Way of Jesus.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Quotes for Today

Updated ***

Okay so it took me a while to get back.  Oh well.  Here are some interesting quotes that caught my attention today.  Enjoy!  ( I particularly like the middle one about the book.)


No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets.
  - Edward Abbey
A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.
  - Robertson Davies
Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories.

I had to add this one.

Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be so.
  - John Stuart Mill
  - Arthur C. Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment