Sketch of My Blog

Our Journey in Life is more than we allow it to be.
We must all Be Ourselves to really enjoy what's all around us.
Take hold and learn from Life and Others.

I Follow the Way of Jesus.

Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year is Here....

Well Happy New Year to everyone once again.  I am glad that I survived the Ball Drop.  Yes my wife and I stayed up late and watched the ball drop @ Times Square, from our bedroom, about a 4 hour drive from NYC.  We last stayed up that late 10 years ago the year we got married.

Now I am back to work and back to learning.  I am trying to learn what GOD has in store for me.  My wife is trying to instill in me a little bit more patience and trying to keep me from striving so hard for perfection.  So I am a "Work In Progress".  I will always be one.  But I will try to let GOD handle the work more and I will just try to enjoy life and do what I love to do.  Read, Play my Hammered Dulcimer, Talk and Listen to my Family, listent o music, shovel snow, cook, write, watch a little T.V., go to Church and Learn, Learn, Learn.

I am attempting to learn "Just As I Am" and "Amazing Grace" for the Hammered Dulcimer.  I already know them both, but "Amazing Grace" I am trying to add on some chords and make it better than just the sum of its notes.  With "Just As I Am" I am trying to do the same and pay homage to my good friend Rocky Reed.  Who has a great talent with an Organ or Piano to make music come alive.  I am hoping that I can also learn "Hold Me Jesus" by Rich Mullins some day.  It is a little tricky, but it is coming along, little by little, that is when I have time.

I find that there is a lot of things I want to do and not enough time to do them.  So I end up just doing what I can and to the best of my ability.  Here is what I can do I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  I can attempt to follow my dreams and see where GOD leads me.  I can do something for myself once in a while.  I can be the man my family needs.  I can just be  . . . . . . ME!  And that is what I am going to do.

You will find attached a recording I did of myself.  I played this arrangement for Christmas Eve service at my Church.  I recorded it 4 days later, as I needed some new equipment to just do the recording.  Next time I might use the Church for the recording, we will see.  So anyways this is what I played and how I played it.  Just happened to be 4 days later and at home.  If interested let me know what you thought of it.





Thanks to all and any that read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment