Sketch of My Blog

Our Journey in Life is more than we allow it to be.
We must all Be Ourselves to really enjoy what's all around us.
Take hold and learn from Life and Others.

I Follow the Way of Jesus.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Being Meaningful

I was just thinking how some people go through life doing nothing but the bare minimum.  Others go out of there way trying to do more than the rest and still others ride somewhere in the middle.

I was a bare minimum person and little by little over the past year or so I have been opening up.  Trying to ride in the middle, where life is what you make of it.  Not trying to do so much that I can't do it.  Not trying to do just the bare minimum (passing grade), but trying to live life and not just survive it to the end.

I think that what I want to do is actually set some goals that I feel I can attain in the next year.  Not a list, not a set of resolutions either.  Just things that I want to do.  I will tell you that one goal is to start my masters degree.  I am not sure when I will be able to work on that since I missed the deadline for application, and am still awaiting a status on financial aid.  Also waiting for the school to open after the holidays to see if I can still attend and just take a course for the spring semester.  If not I will have to apply for the Fall and just wait.

But this is the trick.  I don't want to try and live my life by this list any more than I would normally try to force myself to do something.  I want to do more with my life and see what I can accomplish, while at the same time allowing God to lead me down different roads.  I think that having some goals in front of you is good.  It gives you something to strive for instead of just getting by.

We saw "A Meaningful Life" yesterday.  Yes, I said "A Meaningful Life".  It is a new video by Veggie Tales.  It was very meaningful, if you will pardon the pun, it made me think about trains and life more.  I like to think, it is fun.  I thought how each day is new, yesterday is just a memory, and tomorrow has not happened yet.  But all we have is the day, the moment.  The choices we make, the events that happen to us, the people we talk to, all of that influences us.  It changes us in little ways and it changes others too.  Each one of us affects others and that makes each day special.  Even the little things that we do, teaching, helping, learning, reading, listening, it all matters, it is all important and all of it equally so.

I have a plan.  I am going to set some goals and see how they come out during the year and at the end of the year.  I will share a few, but not all.  This is kind of personal and I just want to be open about setting goals, but not share everything.  So in the mean time I cam going to live my life and try not to just survive it.

I will see what I can come up for a Hammered Dulcimer goal.  I would like to set one for that area of my life too.  Well enjoy your life and see you later.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new design of your blog. Very nice! I also like your post. The new Veggie Tale movie was great. Learning how to be yourself and not do the "What if" life. Thanks for sharing. You are very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I like the way yours is setup too. You take wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete