Sketch of My Blog

Our Journey in Life is more than we allow it to be.
We must all Be Ourselves to really enjoy what's all around us.
Take hold and learn from Life and Others.

I Follow the Way of Jesus.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Every Act Is Significant

I want to share something with you.  The few that read my blog.  And any others that happen by.  I get a newsletter about once a week from My Jewish Learning and sometimes it is very deep and interesting.  This was one of those times.  Here is a link to the actual newsletter.  It is called the weekly Torah and they talk about different things in regards to what Judaism and Christianity are like different and what people should do according to GOD's word.

This weeks' title was "Every Act Is Significant" and when I read it I thought that really is something that people should know about.  You can read the article yourself it is not very long, but I am going to tell you what I got out of it.

The littlest act that we do all the way up to the greatest acts we can do all count.  It does not matter if you are giving someone a hand up that has fallen or giving a million dollars to help the Red Cross.  It does not matter if you keep a bird safe or help someone with a flat tire or stop to help at an accident or grab someone from falling onto the tracks.  It all matters.  It all is important.  For the last year my wife and I have been learning something about that in a different area.  We have been learning that everything that happens from getting hurt physically to getting hurt emotionally, from having a good day to having a stinky day, it all matters and it all has equal importance.

Do you see where we as a culture and as a world are missing the boat.  We think that the person who gave away a million dollars is more important or what they did was more important than those saving sea lions.  We take the person or the act and we label them important more so than the every day people who are driving safe and preparing vitamins or medicine for others.

We need to know that every little thing we do is equally important and everything that happens to us is equally important.  I think we can live better lives if we move in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment