Sketch of My Blog

Our Journey in Life is more than we allow it to be.
We must all Be Ourselves to really enjoy what's all around us.
Take hold and learn from Life and Others.

I Follow the Way of Jesus.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Worry can be a real pain in the neck...

I think that I have a problem with worry.  So does everyone else in the world.  Even those who say they don't worry.  I sometimes even worry about worrying too much or worrying about things I should not even worry about.  Does that sound like a problem?  It does to me.  And it worries me a bit.  It worries me that I have a problem with worrying about what I am worrying about and that I have a problem with worry.

Now does that sound like a problem?  It does to me.  I know people who worry about the littlest things, and even about the silliest things.

I don't understand why we worry so much.  It was not in GOD's original plan.  But then again.  Adam and Even changed history.  SIN was not in GOD's original plan either.  We chose SIN and in so choosing we now have worry.  Worry that we are doing the wrong thing, at the wrong time, we are with the wrong people, said the wrong thing, or saw the wrong thing.  We have more worries than can be listed here.  They would fill up books on all the different things people worry about.  Some are silly, at least to me, but to the person with the worry it is very legitimate.  On the other hand we all have fears that fall that way too.  So one person's fear or worry can be another person's silliness.

So we all have worries.  Now what do we do with them.  I am afraid it would be impossible to remove all worry from the world and from each and every person's life.  I don't have the answer to removing worry, but the Bible says a little bit about.  And it says that the answer to limiting your worry is faith.  See that Faith can limit Worry and if you work at it maybe it could remove worry entirely.  I don't know if this world or any one person can completely free from worry.  What I do know is that faith, lowers your worry level.

Trust is a part of faith.  Did you know that?  If I have faith that something will take care of my worry, than I must also trust in that something.  Trust and Faith go hand in hand.  Look at the following verses...

Matthew 6:25-34 (NLT)
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?
27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing,
29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.
30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’
32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.
33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.“

It says right there that worry will add nothing to your life.  Okay, so if it adds nothing to your life what good is worry.  For all the worry we have we create a desert of dryness in our life.  So what do you want a dry desert filled with nothing but worry, or to create an lush land full of moisture, grass and green trees.  I want the land filled with plants and mountains and rain and snow.  I do not want a desert.  A desert is dry, barren, boring and dull.

I heard in the movie and interesting quote, "I don't want to Survive, I want to Live!"  I too want to live.  Why do I have to survive on worry.  It drains, dries, causes stress, high blood pressure, sleepless nights.  Jesus put it right, when He said what can worry add nothing to your life.  I am tired of surviving on worry, and I want to live life to the fullest.  I want to put more trust and faith in GOD.  I want to live.

I will endeavor to trust more and have more faith in GOD and what HE has in store for my life.  I will live more by the moment instead of by the worry.  I will try to stop looking toward the future and seeing what I need to do to make the future happen.  I will try to stop trying to alter the future to what I think GOD wants.  I will try to let the future come to me in GOD's time.  I am going to try to stop surviving and start living. 

What do you want to do?  Do you want to Survive on your worries and be dry and barren in the desert?  Or do you want to turn your life around and live?

I want to live and to that end I will try to worry less and enjoy the moment more.

No comments:

Post a Comment