Sketch of My Blog

Our Journey in Life is more than we allow it to be.
We must all Be Ourselves to really enjoy what's all around us.
Take hold and learn from Life and Others.

I Follow the Way of Jesus.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Coals of Shame

 Romans 12:9-21 Read it, it is good. It tells us to not return evil for evil. Bless those who hate you. Don't be like them. I like the last verses from here Romans 12:19-21 (NLT)

19 Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the Lord.
20 Instead, “If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.”
21 Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.
 

I like it because it gets me out of trouble. I can try to just be a blessing to those that hurt me. Not be mean back or hold a grudge. Not holding a grudge is harder than walking away and not saying anything to anyone. I don't want to forgive everyone that hurts me or someone I care about. But I can try to be more understanding and be more Christ like.

That does not mean I can not confront someone and let them know that they hurt me or someone I care about. It does not mean that I let them walk all over me and get away with every hurtful word or action. I means that I can tell them they are wrong and what they did hurt. Whether or not they apologize. I can stand up for myself and others. There is nothing wrong with that. If it is within your power to stand up when something is happening and you can help, then it is the right thing to do, to help and be of assistance. It is wrong to just sit back and watch.

The verses also say that we should take care of our enemies, feed them, give them drink, do what you can for them in spite of the their actions toward you or others. In this you shame them. You make it so they will feel ashamed for what they did to you or others. In the end God knows the count, God will take care of those people in His own way. It is up to us to just respond with compassion and understanding.

Do what is right by your enemy and God will do what is right in His eyes for you and your enemy. He will take care of the situation. All you can do it bless them and take care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment