Sketch of My Blog

Our Journey in Life is more than we allow it to be.
We must all Be Ourselves to really enjoy what's all around us.
Take hold and learn from Life and Others.

I Follow the Way of Jesus.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Strolling on the Water

I went strolling on water recently.  Actually I am trying to walk on water every day.  I relate water to the Word of God, the Bible.  Each and every day I am trying to read the Bible.  I feel that doing that is like taking a walk on water.

Have you ever noticed how everyone likes water.  I mean we use it for so many things.  We cook with it.  Everyone of our drinks has water in it.  We swim in it, sail and boat on it.  We drink it and play with it.  We enjoy looking at it.  It waters our gardens and it is the key source of life for just about everything on this planet.  Without water we would be a desert like mars or mercury.  Although we can not completely rule out the lack of water on those two planets or anywhere else.  Which is why we are constantly searching for more water, for more signs of life.

The Word of God is like water.  We need it so survive.  Other people think they don't, but they are dying of thirst and wonder why they don't live a life that they can fully enjoy.  One where they are not feeling like they are missing something.  I know what that feels like sometimes.  Sometimes even when I spend time in God's Word, I feel like I am missing something.  That there is more than what I am doing, but I don't know how to get there.  I don't even know exactly what it is.

And still I try to walk on water when I can.  Read the Bible that is.  Some days I stroll on the water and some days I sit.  Some days I watch the water and some days I just walk away.  I am a work in progress and am never perfect.  I criticize too much and do not give enough humility, grace or mercy.  I can grumble about traffic in a heart beat and about the weather or working situations or you name it.  I am my own worst enemy.  Now if I can Stroll in the Word of God more often and get the 2x4 out of my eye with out criticizing others maybe I can show more humility, grace and mercy and stop grumbling about whatever.  I need to show more compassion to those around me, even those in the vehicle in front of me and work on my lack of patience.

Try walking on water.  It is not as easy as it sounds.  Sometimes you just get stuck in the mud and sometimes you are just floating.  No matter what, it is always a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment